A - For obtaining a licence - to manufacture IMFL/alcohol/palm.
Who is entitled to apply? Liquor/cashew liquor/country.
- Any person desirous of obtaining a licence to establish and work a distillery or brewery or winery - Rule 41(B) and Rule 52(A) Modern Distillery - Notification No.Fin(Rev.)/LAQ/68(A) dated 5-4-72 - Rules 85 and 85A.
- A tapper desiring to tap trees Rule 56 entitle to manufacture coconut liquor - Rule 65.
- Owner/tenant of cashew grove for extraction of cashew juice - Rule 70(2).
- A successful bidder/tenders in public auction entitle to distill liquor - Rules 73.
B - Who is entitle to licence:
a) For manufacture of IMFL/Beer/Wine/Alcohol:-
- A licence who obtained establishment licence.
b) For manufacture of coconut liquor:
- A licensed toddy tapper.
c) For manufacture of cashew liquor.
-A successful bidder/tenderer in public auction.
-A licensee who obtained establishment licence to set up modern distillery.
d) For manufacture of country liquor from permissible raw material other that Toddy Cashew juice.
-A licensee who obtained establishment licence under Rule 85 and 85A.
PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED
A - For establishment of manufacturing unit.
a) A person of major age, a partnership firm or a legal company may apply to the Commissioner of Excise and comply as under:
- i) Application with court fee stamp of Rs.2/-.
- ii) A plan of the building
- iii) A Challan evidencing payment of Rs.10 lakhs (non-refundable).
- iv) A site plan.
- v) Plan of the building with description of the stills, apparatus, vessels and other utensils as the case may be.
- vi) Estimated cost of the project.
- vii) Estimated capacity of production.
- viii) Certificate of Pollution Control Board.
- ix) Project report.
- b) The project requires prior approval of Government.
- c) A licensee should establish his unit within one year or within further extended one more year not exceeding two years and obtain a licence to manufacture liquor in Form E-15 Rule 41, 42 and 43.
- d) A licensee should obtain a permit for private bonded warehouse in Form E-12-Rule 22
- e) A licensee should execute bond in Form E-5, E-6 and E-11.
- f) A licensee should requisition services of E.I. for supervision of his unit from Commissioner of Excise.
B - How to become a licensed Toddy Tapper?
- 1. A Tapper should fill declaration form E-17 in triplicate.
- 2. Obtain counter signature of owner of trees in form E-17.
- 3. Present declaration to area Excise Guard and obtain chalan in form E-18.
- 4. Present declaration and Challan to Taluka Excise Inspector.
- 5. Pay monthly installment of tree tax in advance.
- 6. Obtain tapping licence in Form E-19 from Excise inspector.
- 7. Be a member of Toddy Tapper Welfare Fund.
- 8. See that trees are marked and numbered properly before tapping.
C- How to become a licensed manufacture of cashew liquor.
a) Either set up a modern distillery or acquire right of distillation by participating in the Public auction held year by Excise Department.
- b) In May every year apply to Commissioner of Excise for
allotment of cashew zones.
- c) In October every year pay estimated excise duty fixed for allotment of cashew zones.
- d) Obtain a licence to manufacture of cashew liquor by paying licence fee.
As a bidder
- e) Deposit earnest money of Rs. 100/- for taking part in the
- f) Be a successful bidder/tenderer.
- g) Pay on the spot first installment towards bid amount to total amount of tender as soon as bid/tender accepted by the Committee.
- h) Within five days declare the places where stills will be erected within the cashew zone to the Excise Inspector.
- i) Pay licence fee and obtain licene in Form E-23 from Excise Inspector.
- j) Purchase cashew juice from licensed cashew juice extractor at the rates fixed by the Government.
- k) Dispose cashew liquor distilled before the end of December for which licence has been granted.
Licence to bottle country liquor/IMFL/Beer/Wine
- a) Pre-requirements:-A person should be either a licensed manufacturer of excisable articles or licensed wholesale dealer in country liquor to apply for licence.
- b) A licensed manufacturer/wholesale dealer in country liquor should apply to Commissioner of Excise for a licence to bottle excisable articles.
- c) Obtain a licence in Form E-16 before commencement of bottling operations on payment of fees.
- d) Record the labels on brands of liquor with the Commissioner of Excise on payment of label fees before bottling any brand of liquor.
- e) Renew bottling licence every year and pay label fees for re-grant of labels.
- f) Give advance notice to Excise Inspector before starting bottling operation.
Blending of Country Liquor.
- a) Person either should be licensed wholesale dealer in country liquor or licensed manufacturer of country liquor can apply for licence to blend country liquor.
- b) Licensed manufacturer or wholesale dealer in country liquor should apply to Commissioner of Excise for a licence to blend country liquor.
- c) Renew every year blending licence on payment of fees.
Sale of Liquor
- i) Application in Form E-28.
- ii) Birth Certificate.
- iii) Plan of proposed premise and site plan.
- iv) Copy of document proving ownership of the land and proposed premises.
- v) NOC of the owner of the premises when applicant is not the owner.
- vi) In case liquor to be served for consumption in the premises the applicant should produce a restaurant licence.
- vii) Affidavit stating that he is not holding any licene for sale of liquor and proposed premises does not have any connecting link with residential premises.
- viii) The person desiring to obtain licence for sale of excisable article should submit application in Form E-28 and other documents connected thereto to the Taluka Excise Inspector in whose jurisdiction sale activity falls.
- ix) Excise Inspector refer the issue to the Village Panchayat/Municipality and Health Officer for no objection.
- x) Processing fee :-
| a) For processing the application for issuing
retail licence of IMFL/country liquor
for consumption/packed bottles.
| b) For Processing the application for issuing
wholesale licence for any type of liquors
|c) Fees for processing the application for issuing
the licence for retail sale of foreign liquor for
consumption on the premises/in packed bottles.
|d) Fees for processing the application for issuing
the licence for retail sale of beer only in beer
parlours for consumption.
Explanation:- In case where the
applications referred to in (a), (b),
(c), and (d) above are rejected
by the Commissioner, the applicant
is entitled for refund in excess of
- xi) After receiving the say of the concerned authority Excise Inspector will prepare inspection report and forward all the documents to the Commissioner of Excise for sanction.
- xii) On receipt of the file, after examining the issue on merits, Office of the Commissioner of Excise shall seek the clearance from Police authorities regarding antecedents of the applicant and also to Tourism Department in case licence is meant for consumption on the restaurant premises, where proposed premises comes within the purview of objectionable items.
- xiii) If the proposed premises attracts objectionable items stipulated in Rule 90(4) that Office of the Commissioner of Excise shall send the matter to the Government for approval.